Grades K-2 Skills Clinic
The WAYS K-2 Skills Academy is a program developed in conjunction with PROformance Soccer Academy exclusively for Wayland players in grades K - 2. The age-specific progressive curriculum is designed to be fun and instructional, aimed at developing key technical soccer skills while inspiring a love and enthusiasm for the game. The program will meet for eight sessions (weather permitting), on Mondays from 4:30 - 6:00pm at Claypit, and consists of both skill work and small sided games.
The PROformance Soccer Academy is the leading soccer training organization in Massachusetts. The training curriculum of all their programs was developed by Miles Alden-Dunn (MLS practice player and professional trainer) and Shalrie Joseph (8 Time MLS All-Star). The curriculum and core philosophies are derived from a combined 40 years of playing, coaching, and learning from some of the most respected clubs and brightest minds from around the world. Unlike other soccer training programs, their main focus is on individual player development, not on team development or tactics. Their goal is to teach players the correct way to execute the fundamental skills, so that they can excel when playing on their teams.
This optional training program is for players who are looking to improve their soccer skills under the guidance of licensed PROformance Soccer Coaches. Enrollment is open to all Wayland players in grades K-2 who are looking to enhance individual skills by being taught the correct techniques that form the building blocks of all developing soccer players.
Key Topics Include: Passing, Dribbling for Possession, Dribbling for Penetration, Dribbling Turns, Passing Turns, Instep Shooting, Inside Foot Shooting, 1v1 Defending.
- Session dates: 4/1/2019 to 5/20/2019 (end date may be pushed out if fields do not open for the season on time)
- NOTE: cancellations due to inclement weather will not be rescheduled or refunded.
- Who: Boys & Girls in Grades K - 2
- Time: 4:30 - 6:00pm Mondays
- Where: Claypit Hill (Fields 6 and 5, along Adams Lane)
- Registration: IS required and can be done online . We limit enrollment to the first 50 players to keep the coach-to-player ratio to an effective number. Wait listed players may be asked to participate on Thursdays.
- Cost: $50 per player for eight 90 minute sessions
* WAYS is charging a fee of only $50/player. WAYS is subsidizing a percentage of the actual cost of these clinics in order to encourage participation for those players who are motivated to improve their soccer skills through some additional time with professional coach/trainers. Unfortunately, we will not be able to reschedule or issue refunds due to field closures or rainouts.
To Register Click here: